From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update a new temperature in labview

Hi,

A digital temperature controller (Made by Polyscience) was recetly changed out and I no longer can see the temperature from Labview. Do you have a suggestion how I can update the link/driver to be able to monitor the temperature again.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Kind regards,

Mashra

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,005 Views)

Changed out as in a whole new model?  If so, you need to figure out the drivers for the new instrument.

If it is the same model, then you need to contact the manufacturer to figure out what is different.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,998 Views)

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

It is not the same model as the previous one was Julabo.

I assume the new driver would be mentioned in the manual, although I still need to find the  manual.

Once I find it, how do I update it in Labview?

Thanks again,

Mashra

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,988 Views)

You will have to find the code that did the communications with the instrument and update it to use the new commands.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,982 Views)

Based on your questions it might be easier to get a direct replacement for the old controller.  Otherwise find the person who originally wrote the program and tell them that the controller was changed and the program needs to be modified for it.

The manufacturer should have a communication manual that will cover how to communicate with the controller.  Sometimes it is in the owners manual and sometimes it is an additional manual.  Eitherway contact the manufacturer and if you are lucky they might have LabVIEW drivers written for you to use.  Sometimes they even work correctly. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,919 Views)

I'd also recommend checking out the manufacturer's website as if they have drivers specific for LabVIEW they might also have LabVIEW examples you can play around with.

Daniel Parrott
Software Product Marketing - Data Management & LabVIEW
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,914 Views)

Oh and this KB might help you out as well once you find out if they have drivers or not built for your device

How Do I Install My Third Party Instrument Drivers?: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/86256F0E001DA9FD86256F0B0057E6E7

You can also do a quick search here to see if there are any drivers for your device hosted by NI http://www.ni.com/downloads/drivers/. Hope that helps! 

Daniel Parrott
Software Product Marketing - Data Management & LabVIEW
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,912 Views)