LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update NIDAQmx driver in Labview RT?

Solved!
Go to solution
Dear members,
I have a problem  to make my NI PCI 6289 card working in Labview RT.
Namely when I run the self test appears an error number -88716.
The screenshot says that  the NIDAQmx drivers on the host and on the target are different.
It suggests to update the driver to correct the error.
Now I have checked. On the host I have the NIDAQmx8.5.1f2 driver on the RT target the NIDAQmx8.5.1.
The question I want to ask is. How can I update the driver on the RT target to the other version?
Since I have installed the RT system just yesterday I can't imagine that I have done some updates on the host which are not done on the target.
Someone has an idea how to override the error?

Thanks

Principiant  
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,760 Views)
hey Principiant,

when you right-click on the point "software" on the RT target in MAX, you can add software to the RT target. there you can install the corresponding version.
basically it is recommended, that the versions on the RT target and the host system should be the same.

everytime you update any component on the hostsystem, you can adjust the version on the RT target this way.
here is some additional information on installing software:
http://www.ni.com/support/install/install_hardware_5.htm

kind regards,

robert h
NI germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,750 Views)

Hallo RobertH,

I know everyting you have written to me. Yesterday I called the support of NI to have insights.

Well under suggestion I completely deinstalled the NiDAQmx drivers frm the target and re-installed them thourgh the procedure described. Still doesn' t works.

Noice that I have not made any update or others to the NI software before or after I installed the drivers.

I don't know what the problem could be.

Bye

Principiant

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,748 Views)
hey Principiant,

in this case i would recommend to format the RT system in order to set it up completely new.

kind regards,

robert
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,744 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Principiant
The NI support solved my problem here is the link with the solution.

In the download page, just download the first  link NIDAQmx 8.7.1 not the runtimes at the end of the page.
Thanks for the help .

Bye

Principiant
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,717 Views)