LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unplace an item without deleting it?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a graph on my panel. I have placed the graph in my diagram. Now I want to remove it. The only way I can see is to delete it from the diagram. That deletes it from the panel.

How does one remove an object from the panel or diagram without deleting it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,518 Views)

It sounds like you want to hide it. Place a Property node of the graph and set the Visibility property to False.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,514 Views)

No, I don't want to hide the control on the panel. I want to remove the control from the diagram without deleting it. I want to remove what is circled in red without deleting them on the panel.

Image 1.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,509 Views)

@flycast wrote:

No, I don't want to hide the control on the panel. I want to remove the control from the diagram without deleting it. I want to remove what is circled in red without deleting them on the panel.

Image 1.png

This makes absolutely no sense. Why would you want a control or indicator on the front panel that you are not using? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,482 Views)

I understand what you are saying. I DO want to work with these eventually. At this point though I want to remove them and work with them later. I wrongly added it to the area that I added it. I want to remove it to clear my diagram while I work on some other aspects.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,474 Views)

If you simply move the control terminals off-center, they will not clutter your code.

Otherwise, copy controls and related code to a spare vi before removing them from your current one (controls and terminals, of course).

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,467 Views)

I don't have NXG installed right now, but you should be able to move the terminals into the "holding" palette or whatever it is called.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 9
(1,449 Views)

@flycast wrote:

I understand what you are saying. I DO want to work with these eventually. At this point though I want to remove them and work with them later. I wrongly added it to the area that I added it. I want to remove it to clear my diagram while I work on some other aspects.

As pincpanter said just move it to an area on your block diagram that you're not using. Moving the terminal on the block diagram won't have any impact on the control/indicator on the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,447 Views)
Solution
Accepted by flycast

You can rightclick the terminal and select "Move to Unplaced Items" where you can later pick it up again in the pallette.

2020-10-27_09-37-38.png

Message 9 of 9
(1,372 Views)