LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unbundle the data in "Multiple Tone Information.vi" ?

Solved!
Go to solution

NOTE: I have another post related to this question. Here is the link
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My ultimate goal is to get/display the Frequencies at which the peaks happening. 

I used different methods (vi is attached) but no single one is working. 

1.Array Max and Min >> it only shows the Max magnitude but not all magnitudes and not the frequencies at which the peaks happening. I assume I should somehow use a search function in a loop or something but I have no idea how to do that. 

2.Peak Detector. vi >> This method was good for the peaks but not the frequencies. It shows the indexes which are the double number. If I multiply them by 10 it gives me the frequency and I do not know why?!

3.Multiple Tone information.vi >> This method has the advantage of thresholding but it is the combination of cluster and array which I do not know how to unbundle it and get the frequency. Another problem is that it shows only one peak and its frequency at a time not all of them even when I expand the array. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,970 Views)

Hello SilasIII,

I had the solution into your VI. You were close. You should'nt use express VI's for you applications, you could use DAQmx API in order to have a better control of what you want to do. Also, waveform are easier to handle than dynamic data.

Regards

Sabri JATLAOUI - Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 2 of 6
(3,963 Views)

Thank you very much for the modifications and the time you spent on this. I still have some questions:

1.Why did you use Extract Single Tone Information.vi ? I say this because I need multiple frequencies of the peaks. I have multiple peaks in my signal. Your method only gives one frequency related to the highest peak. That is part of the reason I used Extract Multiple Tone Information.vi which I can not find the way to unbundle it like you did. 

2.The frequency that your code showing is an integer like an index. For example, it shows 480 instead of the actual frequency of 475.7hz in my 4th simulated signal. Is it because of the simulated signal? I mean if I use DAQ devices it will show the double precision? Is that why you said do not use express VI's?

3.In the extract Tone information vi, you put the number 5 there. Is that 5% of the highest peak magnitude to search for? I could not understand the help. Also, when I am changing 5 to 1 or 20 I do not see anything different happening. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,932 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SilasIII

I change your dynamic data into waveform. Extract Multiple Tone Information.vi works better now.

This function need a waveform as input.

Regards

Message 4 of 6
(3,916 Views)

Thank you again Robot Happy . The second one solved the problem. I might face some problems in the actual system with DAQ. In that case, should I continue here or create another post? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,888 Views)
You're welcome. you should post it in the daq forum.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,882 Views)