From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn on and off leds

I have a Boolean Control Push Button, and 3 Boolean LED indicators.  The push button's mechanical action is "switch until released."  What I want to do is push the button and turn on LED 1.  When I push the button again, I want LED 1 to turn off, and LED 2 to turn on.  When I push the button a third time, I want LED 2 to turn off, and LED 3 to turn on.  When I push a button the 4th time I want LED 3 to turn off, and LED 1 to turn back on.  I don't know how to do this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,768 Views)
There are many ways to do this. One possible solution is attached (LabVIEW 7.0).

(you don't say what should happen if you click a 5th time ;))

Also, can you explain why your button should be "switch until released"? This is not a very popular setting and rarely appropriate.
Message 2 of 6
(3,760 Views)
I do not have labview 7.0.....Can you tell me the most easy way to do this.....I would really appreciate it....Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,756 Views)
Altenbach,

I downloaded the evaluation version of 8 to open up your .vi you made.  I then created that same code in 6.1 and it worked.  Thanks brother.  I appreciate your help.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,749 Views)

@leroy27336 wrote:
Altenbach,

I downloaded the evaluation version of 8 to open up your .vi you made.  I then created that same code in 6.1 and it worked.  Thanks brother.  I appreciate your help.

Is your problem solved men ??

if it is not I well tell you the solution.

First : I have defined yellow led as pin 6, green led as pin 5 , red led as pin 3, button as 4

I am working at arduino uno so let's begin

I will first define : int sensorvalue =digitalRead(4)

you should define a variable like saying : int variable = 0 for recording changes

then you should increase the amount of this variable every time the button is pressed like saying

if(sensor value == HIGH)

{ variable = variable + 1 // Increase the amount of the variable

Serial.println(variable);  // record the variable

delay(100);  

}

// Light the first Led (yellow led)

if(variable>=0 &&variable<=50)

{ analogWrite(yellow_led,255);

analogWrite(red_led,0);

analogWrite(green_led,0);

}

// Light the second led (green led)

if (variable>50 && variable<=100)

{

analogWrite(yellow_led,0);

analogWrite(red_led,0);

analogWrite(green_led,255);

}

// Light the third led (red led)

if (variable>100 && variable<150)

{

analogWrite(yellow_led,0);

analogWrite(red_led,255);

analogWrite(green_led,0);

}

// returning the variable to 0 

if(variable==150)

{variable=0;}

I will download the code and make sure you download the last version of  IDE 1.8.5

I hope you understand.

and I hope this was helpful.

MOHAMAD

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,018 Views)

Hi there ! Sorry they don't let me send you the code

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,017 Views)