LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger the Read VI.

Hi Everyone

I configured a DAQ assistant which generates two digital pulses thru 2 counters, and I want to incorporate a Read channel and a trigger in the Block diagram which will trigger the Read just after one of the digital pulses goes Low(Trailing edge) and Read for just 200microseconds.

I tried to explain my best, if you have any questions about clarity please do email me.

Thanks

Srinath
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,670 Views)

It appears that this question is being addressed in another forum. Please refer to that forum here.

Matt Anderson

Hardware Services Marketing Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,639 Views)
Hello Matt

While working on acq&graph voltage-Int clk-Dig Ref.VI,  In the trigger source drop down box, there is a list of some many sources starting with onboard clock,PFI0,....etc, I dont see any one of these on my connector board, then how would i trigger my source. choosing one among the list doesn't help, its giving errors. If i have to choose a trigger from one of the counter or analog input, what should I do. Where can I find extensive help on trigger parameters.
Thank you

Srinath
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,623 Views)
Hello Sri,

Based on your post here I am assuming you are using the PCI-9281 with the SCB-68 for this task. If you examine the SCB-68 68-Pin Shielded Connector Block User Manual you should find a pin-out diagram on page 1-8 (page 18 of the PDF). This diagram should show you the connections of the SCB-68, including PFI lines. Looking at the M Series User Manual at Figure A-25 on page A-91 the connections should match up.

As far as triggering goes, I would recommend that you examine the knowledgebase entitled How Do I Use a Digital Trigger in LabVIEW to Start and Stop Acquiring Data? That document is very helpful and also has some good links attached with example code and tutorials. I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Matt Anderson

Hardware Services Marketing Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,603 Views)