LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test if thermocouple is attached.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am using the cRIO-9023, and the NI9213 module to read temperature from thermocouples. I give the user up to 16 thermometers allready programmed in labview to display the temperature. The issue I have is, I want to turn off the thermomiters if no thermocouple is plugged in. I called NI and they said there is no built in function to test this, so I have to check by comparing the value. for example if the units are set  on fahrenheit, then if a thermocouple is not plugged in it reads at like 2500 degrees, so what I want to do is test if the type is fahrenheit, and if it is, then have my max temperature set to 2000 degrees. Then I can test IF temp ? 2000, turn off thermomiter.  

How do I micic a programming statement like this: 

If Type = Fahrenheit THEN  maxTemp = 2000

ELSE IF Type = Celsius  THEN maxTemp = 1500

Basicly I want a boolian to trigger an action of setting some indicator.

Also, if I set a indicator to dome value, how can I read it by another controll ?

I would like a way to do this without globial/local variables as my cRIO does not like them. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,517 Views)

Use a case structure or even select if you just have two possibilities.

Spoiler
select.png

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,513 Views)

I have 5 cases (Kelvin, Celsius, Fahrenheit, Rankine, and volts), and Iam attmepting to use the case structure,  I had nested cases, and I wire different constants (for the different types from within my cases out to an indicator. From there, how can I read from that indicator so that I can ues it for the other logic ? right now I can only hook up imputs to the indicator, but I want to read what the indicator is, so that I can use the value elseware.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,505 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author calvin.8900

Use an appropriate comparison function. Greater in this case.

tc.png

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 4 of 5
(2,496 Views)

I tried it and it is working! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,492 Views)