cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to synchronize two counter output

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I have some issue related to synchronizing two counter output.

I use sample clock to match time interval between two counter output. 

But, when I check the two counter output by using a oscilloscope, time interval between two counter output is not constant (For example, the time interval in 1st measurement was 1ms, but the time interval in 2nd measurement was 5ms.)  

How should I do in order to synchronize two counter output ? 

Here is my VI and the diagram  

Thanks

06222018-1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,658 Views)
Solution
Accepted by 0905jjo

You need to have both CO tasks trigger off the same signal.  Here's a modified version of your vi to try out where I generate such a triggering pulse with a DO bit.  You'll need to check the terminal pin assignments on your device -- the key is that you choose a DO line that doubles as a PFI pin.  Configure DO by referring to it as port#/line# and configure the counter triggers by referring to it by its PFI#.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,634 Views)

I did not think trigger. Time interval between two counter output is constant in the modified version.

Really appreciate your help. Thank you

Jo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,625 Views)