LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch the software between Chinese and English

The display interface of the front panel needs to be switched between Chinese and English, but I don’t know how to do it。

As shown in the picture, if you select Chinese, it should display Chinese, if you select English, it should display English。Hope to get your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,497 Views)

Hi,

You can't access the name of the front panel elements in run-time, but you can make a text box, hide the label of the Front panel elemets and use this steps:

Heres a way. Its a little involved, but it will work:
1. Customize a control or indicator to remove the border (I used a string control)
a. Right click on the control or indicator, go to Advanced  Customize
b. Click on the wrench on the tool bar to enter edit mode
c. Select the border and drag it off to the side
d. Reduce the size of the border to a single pixel (it wont let you delete it)
e. Rubber band a box around the 1 pixel border to select it and use the cursor keys to move it within the white space of the string control. It will effectively disappear. You will NOT be able to move it with the mouse as LV will try to resize the border instead of moving it.
f. Using the color tools suck up the background color of your vi and paint ti
t into the white space of the control.
g. Make the control the correct size to hide your label(s). Make sure it is right as you will NOT be able to resize the control outside of the customize function (i.e.: while on your front panel)
h. Click on the tweezers to go back to customize mode.
i. Give your control a descriptive name
j. Right click on the control, go to Visible Items and uncheck label to hide the label.
k. Save your new control

Then set the string as it were the label of the Front Panel Elements and modify it in run time as any string!

(Steps taken from: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-can-I-hide-a-text-label-as-I-would-a-control-or-indicator/td-p/...)

---------------------------------------------------

Projektingenieur
Restbust, Simulations and HiL development
Custom Device Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,455 Views)

Hi ypi,

why all those steps when you can use a simple classic string indicator set to transparent using the color tool?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 7
(1,446 Views)

I knew there had to be a easier way!

Thanks for the tip!

---------------------------------------------------

Projektingenieur
Restbust, Simulations and HiL development
Custom Device Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,432 Views)

I understand what you mean,thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,390 Views)

Usually, we use English label, and Chinese caption to solve this kind of problem.

Switch between English and Chinese (all any other language) becomes switch between label and caption.

If you want to display Chinese inside the string control, then you have to use Unicode.

Download NI's Unicode Toolkit:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Reference-Design-Content/LabVIEW-Unicode-Programming-Tools/ta-p/3493021

George Zou
Message 6 of 7
(1,336 Views)

I have downloaded and studied,THANKS

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,325 Views)