From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store clusters with different elements into an array of cluster?

Hi I got a problem with storing data of cluster into the array. The input to the case structure is a cluster of 4 different elements. I need to plug all generated clusters in the array output, as you can see the error in the attached file. With the lower one, I tried to use "bulid array" but it sends only the last cluster data to the array, so I think it is probably not working.

Could you please try to replace something in the file for any suggestion 🙂

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,962 Views)

look up shift registers, used to feed the output of the previous loop back into the current loop. great for building arrays

hope it helps 

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,959 Views)

Also look into autoindexing. That will fix many of your problems as LV automatically builds and indexes into arrays for you. You're working too hard.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,954 Views)

Could you please show me the solution where to add shifts register in the file?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,947 Views)

I would suggest searching the ni website for them so you understand how they work before trying to use them, it will make you life easier. To enable a shift register or auto-indexing, where a wire leaves a loop (for or while) right click on the square and choose enable auto-indexing or shift register, if you select shift register it will ask you to place it on the other side of the loop. then you need to wire the shift register in again. As i say look for the tutorials, it will make it much easier

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,940 Views)

@Akiel wrote:

look up shift registers, used to feed the output of the previous loop back into the current loop. great for building arrays

hope it helps 

But be careful there. Building arrays in loops can lead to memory issues. Be sure your array is predefined with a known number of elements, and that it can not keep growing out of control for long periods of time.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,935 Views)

true, it does open another set of problems hence the advice to understand what is happening before using them, but they are a reasonable solution to the problem.

I add to the research list optimising labview search as there are a number of good documents on controlling the memory usage of labview 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,930 Views)

Hi Bombbooo,

You should think about attending a LabVIEW Class -> ni.com/training

Christian

Message 8 of 11
(2,905 Views)

labview core 1 and core 2 would be a real help too you

Message 9 of 11
(2,901 Views)
This may seem obvious but don't forget the documentation and examples. Most questions can be answered by pressing F1. LabVIEW is one of the most well documented pieces of software you can find.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,887 Views)