LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start for the following Irradiance format?

Solved!
Go to solution

Just take the vi.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(469 Views)

Do you know why the time only stops at 6.33am? and i cant adjust the Current value..

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(458 Views)

I am not sure what you mean exactly.

I will try and explain how the vi should work.

It scans through the file and looks for [Start] and Info values and reads the data in between.

It then reads the system (your PC) time and looks for the closest time in data (obtained from the spreadsheet) and displays that. It also looks through all of the values and determines when the maximum value occured. I guess this is a bug as the maximum value (@ 12:40) should only be displayed after 12:40 so the vi needs to be modified to accomodate that.

Message 13 of 17
(455 Views)

Okay Thanks for the explanation. 

I would like to ask what does the Upper limit and Lower Limit means? I've read the context help, but i still dont get it. Why do you set it at 00:02:30 and 00:00:00?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(441 Views)

I have modified the VI to account for the bug I pointed out before. Also the vi checks if the current time is within 5 minutes of the sample from the present time and displays that. The 00:05:00 is just a numeric constant which represents 5minutes (this is the same as the sample interval in the spreadsheet file)

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(434 Views)

Hi ace, now this program ain't getting the max value..

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(424 Views)

Hello,

My assumption was that you are simulating real time data coming in to your system. Instead of real time data, you are reading from a spreadsheet thats all.

So when you run the program, it takes the current system time, and looks for a corresponding sample from the past which would within 5min (as this is your sampling interval). So for example, if your PC time is 8:07, it looks through the data and finds the 8:05 sample. It then looks through all the samples till 8:05 and finds the maximum value up to 8:05, there is no point (it doesnt make sense to me anyway) in displaying the maximum in the entire file (which in this case is @ 12:40) when you havent gone past that time in reality.

Hope that makes sense.

Also try to use highlight execution and othe debugging techniques to see what is actually happening with your program. There is no other way to learn, if thats the point that is!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(416 Views)