From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start data acquisition when a sine wave starts or finishes

I am using a DAQ-1200 to analyse three waveforms, I need to start acquisition when any of the sinewave changes from zero to start and when it stops. However, I also need to some 600 samples before the triggering occurs and I do not know how to do this without causing a delay, can anyone help me please?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,267 Views)
If I understand correctly, it sounds like you want to display a triggered waveform and also display the pre-trigger data. If I'm right, you might want to look at the example at http://zone.ni.com/devzone/explprog.nsf/webmain/819BCD38C73C5105862568660060F464?opendocument&node=DZ52308_US. In the example, the daq card does a continuous buffered acquisition with LabVIEW retrieving the data when the data in the buffer meets the trigger specifications. It's been a long time since I've done it, but I believe it was fairly simple to specify how much pre- and post- trigger data to retrieve. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,267 Views)