LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to speed up the VIserver communication?

I use VIserver to invoke my VI residing in another program. The VI invoked is connected to a robot through a serial port. When I control the robot directly from that VI, it works fine and real time. But when I invoke that VI through VIserver, it works so slow. It takes about 5-10 seconds to get it run. How do I speed it up?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,440 Views)
You might want to check your TCP connection. Sometimes if the windows network settings aren't quite right, slowdowns can result. Try pinging the other computer to see if there is any great delay. You might also try communicating with Hyperterminal. If things check out there, try using the IP address with dot notation in LabVIEW so that there is no DNS slowdown. Also, go into the VI Server options. Under TCP Access, try putting an asterisk "*" in the allow list and dissable strict checking.
Message 2 of 3
(2,440 Views)
I just took a quick look at your VI. You can probably help speed things along by moving the Open Application and Open VI Reference outside the while loop. You can use the same reference over and over again in the loop. Move the close references outside the loop as well.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,440 Views)