LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve IMG-ERR-VLCK can't lock on video source?

Hello, I use a National Instrument PCI-1408 to get images. I go to measurement and automation then devices interface then PCI-1408 then chanel 0: RS 170. Then I try to grab images, I got the message IMG-ERR-VLCK can't lock on video source. Do you know why? Thanks 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,348 Views)
The "can't lock on video source" error occurs when the frame grabber board either does not "recognize" the analog video signal coming from the camera or does not receive any signal from the camera. Check to make sure you have the proper settings in Measurement and Automation Explorer for your camera. You mentioned that you have RS170 settings currently setup - is that what you camera is outputting? Also, check you timeout setting and make sure it is at least 1000 ms. Is you acquisition window the proper size - should be 640x480 with appropriate offsets - usually Left: 113 and Top: 19.

I would recommend looking at your camera specs and make sure they match up with the settings you have in Measurement and Automation Explorer. Though, if you camera specifies RS-170 as the output, then the default rs170 settings should work.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,339 Views)
Thank you. I check the settings, I unpluged and plug back the extenxsion going to the PC-1408 card and restart the computer. Now I have "Img-Err-TIO wait time out acquisdition not complete" appearing on the screen. In propeties, I set the acquisition mode as "standard", the still color mode as "disabled" and frame tm0/ms as "120ms" (with 1000ms the error is the same). Do you know what I should do? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,332 Views)
What camera are you connecting to the PCI-1408 and what are the camera specs?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,330 Views)
I use a javelin JE7862 CCD camera. THe spec are:
-Active pixels 768 (H) * 494 (V)
-Pixel size 8.4micrometer (H) * 9.8 (V)
-Signal format EIA (525 lines / 60HZ)
-Signal to noise ratio 56dB or greater
-Resolution 570 (H) * 380 (V)
-Minimum scene illumination 0.4lux
-Grayscale at least 10 steps
-Electronic shutter speed 1/60 to 1/10.000 second

Do you know what can cause the error "wait time out-acquisition not complete" when I snapimages and the error "the system is unable to capture all incoming video data. To fix this error reduce the acquisition window" when I grab images?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,321 Views)

Your camera specs metion that the camera is EIA compatible. This link will expalin EIA better - but basically EIA is synonomous with RS-170.

Make sure that your 1408 is in RS-170 mode and use the default settings in Measurement and Automation Explorer.

Are you able to verify that your camera works? Can you hook the camera up to a RS-170 compatible monitor or attach a known working camera to the 1408?

I am not able to pull up any users manual for your camera - if you have one, check to see that there are no settings on the camera (like dip switches) that are incorrectly set.

Let me know what you find out.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,305 Views)
Thank you. I will get a camera tomorrow and do the test. Also, is there a way to restaure the default setting in measure and automation? I want to make sure that I did not make any change.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,301 Views)
A default version of the RS-170 camera file can be found at:

Use the rs170.icd file and copy it to the following location on your computer:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-IMAQ\Data

Then reload the camera file in MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) by right-clicking on Channel 0 of you 1408 device and selecting rs170.

Hope that helps out!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,294 Views)

Thanks Marco, I tried the exact same setting, camera, card, software with a computer which works with windows NT and I can grab images. I saw a note on the ni.com. (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/31e2cde6bdffaa9986256e75006712b3).

This note says that i have to force windows xp to recognize the card. I did it but still does not work.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,283 Views)

If your computer is a faster system 3.2+ GHz and is hyperthreaded, there could be a compatibility problem with the 1408 - since this is an older vision board (I have only seen this on a few systems).

Try turning off hyperthreading on your machine to see if this fixes the problem. If you need hyperthreading enabled, consider upgrading to a 1410:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/14845

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,263 Views)