LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to snap a image on push button

i need a program to snap a image on push button, like shown in video,
i want to write a program in LABview.vi like when i press button image is snapped and last image is dislayed on vi untill next button is pressed like shown in video

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,416 Views)

Hi sami,

i need a program to…

Then you need to create that program!

i want to write a program in LABview.vi like when i press button image is snapped and last image is dislayed on vi untill next button is pressed like shown in video

I think this is a pretty nice lesson on learning LabVIEW and the IMAQ/Vision toolkit.

What exactly is your problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,407 Views)

i have created the vi but the problem is i cannot configure a button which snap an image when  the button is pressed and image remains on screen until next button is pressed, pls see attached  vi and video

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,394 Views)

Hi sami,

I cannot open your VI due to its LabVIEW version. I also don't have IMAQ installed.

But I guess there are example VIs in the example finder explaining all those IMAQ function. And most probably there is an example of how to read a still image from a camera…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,381 Views)

I dont find any example like snap image with push button, can you please share me the online link

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,378 Views)

You need use Event Based State Machine Architecture, Register Push Button as your event and whenever the event is triggered and the Value of the push button is true call the Snap State and Display the Snapped Image.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,373 Views)

Can you please tell me any example  or video, am new in labview i dont know how to do that

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,370 Views)

Hi sami,

am new in labview i dont know how to do that

Did you notice this "Training resources" section in the header of the LabVIEW board?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,367 Views)

Suppose you knew no programming language, and decided to take a class in C++, or in Matlab.  Would you start off asking for help writing a program to take a picture when you clicked on the image of a button on the computer's monitor?  I think not!

You'd start learning the language, doing the simple things (loops, simple i/o, data types, calling functions, writing functions, etc.), and gradually work your way up to more complex tasks.

LabVIEW is no different (except, of course, that it is Graphical, uses Data Flow, "looks easy, I don't have to spend any time learning boring details, but can dive right in and write a program to take pictures when I push a button").  Well, that last part isn't quite right ...

Take a class in LabVIEW.  Spend time with the Tutorials, making sure that you do all of the exercises and examples (even if they seem "boring" and too simple -- you need to understand the basics before you tackle the more challenging topics, such as LabVIEW Vision).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,339 Views)