cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show previous min/max-values in slider

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

currently i have a loop that measures at a DMM and the result is shown at the panel.

Now i changed it to display the value also in a slider.

The problem is: How can i do it that the slider does show more than only the measrement.

I want to display also the 1. smallest and 2. biggest value and 3. one limit-value that represent the good-value.

I checked the properties of the slider but cant find something like this - or is slider the wrong thing?

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,009 Views)

Hallo OnlyOne,

you can set the range of the slider scale (using property nodes) to display the min/max values - those you have to collect on your own...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(3,003 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author OnlyOne

See the attached.

I added extra sliders to the indicator (right click, add slider), then just kept track of the max and min values using shift registers.

To change how the slider 'filling' (the blue shading between sliders) works, right click on each slider and select fill options.

Is that what you needed?

Ian

Message 3 of 6
(3,002 Views)

Nice idea with the sliders, just in case you were wondering what a Feedback Node version would look like.

SlidersFN.png

Message 4 of 6
(2,985 Views)

Much tidier!

Although I must confess that I have a bit of a phobia of feedback nodes... they just never seem readable to me - I'm sure I'll get over it one day.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,968 Views)

For a more universal solution, I typically would initialize the feedback nodes with -Inf for the max and +inf for the min. If you don't, the numbers are meaningless in some situations. Altenatively, use a globally initialized feedback node and initialize it with the reading.

(For example if the reading never goes above 3, the max would still show as 8 in the above code)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,959 Views)