LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup and configure NI OPC Server to OMRON PLC (CJ2H model) using FINS Ethernet communication protocol?

Hi,

Could someone help me in the setup and configuration of NI OPC server to OMRON PLC (CJ2H model) using FINS Ethernet communication protocol? I already read some materials available in the web but it uses a different PLC and communication protocol. The OPC server is installed in my laptop and I'm using Windows 8 as my OS. I used a cross over RJ45 LAN cable and connected to the ETN21 module of the PLC. I was able to confirmed the communication of my laptop and PLC by pinging the ip address of the ETN21. I also tried to configure the OPC server based on the documents I just read online. I created a channel, device and tag to the OPC server. By the way, I just need to read the data from the tag I created. Can someone also tell me how to monitor the data on the tag? I hope that you could help me. Thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 2
(3,847 Views)

Good day,

Try following the instructions on the driver’s help, take a look at the attach picture. It should be a good starting point. After the PLC is configured you can use this tutorial (Connect LabVIEW to Any PLC Using OPC » http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7450/en/) for a guide on how to monitor the tags.

I hope this helps

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,817 Views)