From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set xscale maximum property node for multiple scale XY graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I am using an XY graph with three X axis and three Y axis scales to plot three data sets. This is working well.

What I now need to do is to set the Xscale.Maximum Property Node for one of the X-axis (the other two autoscale). If I right click in the Blockdiagram (Create ; Property Node; X Scale ; Maximum) I can not choose which X-axis I want to set the Maximum for.

So my question: How to select a specific axis to set the XScale.Maximum Property Node when having multiple axis?

Thank you for your help any suggestions are much appreciated!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,672 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JTRI

Hi

After some more searching and experimenting I have found that by using the Active X Scale Property I can determine/set for which Xscale the XScale.Maximum is used.

This solved my problem.

Hopefully someone else can save themselves a few hours with this thread!

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
(8,669 Views)

To quickly summarize and verify JTRI's method:

Right-click on the XY graph in block diagram and go to 'Create' -> 'Property Node' -> 'X Scale' -> 'Range' -> 'Maximum'. If you want this to automatically update when a value is entered or recived from somewhere else, like station count, you have to right-click on the property node and select 'Change all to Write'.

Using another property node from the indicator/control with the desired value go to 'Create' -> 'Property Node' -> 'Value'. The default setting for a node is 'Read' and will have an arrow point out on the right side, this just spits out the designated value which can be pulled into any node designated as 'Write'.

This is helpful for people that want a template program for repeat tasks but changing input parameters, we use LabVIEW for stress calculations with varying amounts of gages on pipes so being able to have the program adjust scales to the station count saves quite a bit of time in the prep phase.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,020 Views)