From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the time difference between each data when sweeping voltage using keithley 2400

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello friends,

I am using the sweep vi from Keithley in the SWEEP and Acquire measurement vi.I want to measure the voltage for every step and insert a delay in between every two data, so I need some delay between each I step.

I am a starter to use Labview, thanks so much for your answers.

Perry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,735 Views)

You are using a built-in function of the instrument. Check the manual to see if there is a setting for a delay between steps. If there isn't, then you will have to change to single measurement mode in a for loop where you set the voltage with each iteration. The Ramp function can be used to create an array of voltage steps and you would wire this array to the for loop.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,726 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Perry_Liu

As Dennis said, if you're using the built-in sweep function, you'll have to check the manual. See Section 10-16 (That's section 10 page 16, not sections 10 though 16) of the Keithley 2400 User Manual.

The Keithley 24xx series has a measurement speed in units called PLC (Power Line Cycles). The default speed is 1PLC, meaning a measurement is taken every 1 power line cycle, or 1/60th of a second (16.67ms). 24XX's can go from 0.01 PLC (every 0.16ms) to 10 PLC (every 166.6ms). The faster you measure, the lower precision you get.

To set this value programmatically, the command is

:SENSe:CURRent:NPLCycles <n>

:SENSe:VOLTage:NPLCycles <n>

depending on what you're sensing and where <n> is the number of PLCs from 0.01 to 10.

Another factor that will determine the time between data points is the SDM cycle. These are more complicated, look at your Keithley user manual for more information. Look at Section 6 and Section 11 for more info.

Note:

PLC times are based on a US cycle of 60Hz.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,712 Views)

Find configure trigger in Multiple measurements subvi and add control to set delay 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,237 Views)