LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set data acquisition to once every second in a labview program

I know this question may seem elementary for you guys, but i really need to figure this out.  I'm running a program in labview and after i'm done i want to export the information to excel.  I did this and i got 42,000 or so cells which i don't want.  I know what i need is to put a Wait (ms) or some time delay so that it only takes data once every second so i'm not getting a million cells of data (because that doesn't look good in a report lol).  If anyone can steer me in the right direction on how to accomplish this it would greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

JHarbz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,403 Views)

Well, putting a Wait (ms) or a Delay function inside your while loop should work. If it doesn't, you are going to have to attach at least an image of your code. Attaching the actual VI would be even better.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,401 Views)

okay, i'll try and explain it a little clearer.  My daq is recording information every 310 ms and i want the graph in labview connected to it to display on the x-axis my time starting at zero and progressing by 1 second at a time.  My problem is when i export the data to excel i get far too many data points than i need.  I think my problem may be in either the time the daq records information or in the scaling of the graph itself.  My default response was to put a time delay in but it doesn't seem to fix the scaling in the chart.  My specialty is not in this program and i'm wasting precious time trying to figure out when i should be working on other things, but this is halting my other tasks.  I hope i cleared this up for you.

Thanks,

JHarbz

i attached a photo of the block diagram

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,391 Views)

Do not attempt to get around the ban on bmp files by simply changing the file extension!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,384 Views)

i apologize i didn't realize their was a ban on .bmp files.  The labview program is on a windows OS and i sent it to my mac to send it to you.  How would you recommend me sending the file to you?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,381 Views)

As a png. Jpg is okay in a pinch.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,377 Views)

here it is

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,372 Views)

I'm not at all familiar with that DAQ card but what you could do is take the mean of each channel and reduce each iteration to a single scalar value. You are already doing something like that by wiring the dynamic data to your indicators. I have no idea if the first or last data point is shown. Dynamic data is just evil and is probably the reason your x axis is so messed up. Dynamic data is supposed to have a timestamp and yours does not. Separate the channels with an Index Array instead and avoid dynamic data completely. 

I don't see a wait.

Check the example program called Real-Time Chart and set the x axis properties for relative or absolute time.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,364 Views)

Thanks dennis, your a stone cold pimp. Going to give it a shot and see what happens! Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,359 Views)