LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send out a pulse train in PCI-1426

Hi,

I am using PCI NI-1426 frame grabber to capture the images at particular frame rate. Ni-1426 has 2 ports i.e. 26 pin camera and 15 pin triggering port. I am triggering the camera at particular frames rate using pulse train. I want to send this pulse train out on 2 pin (i.e. external trigger 1) in 15 pin port so that I can use the same pulse train in different application. I have seen most of the examples in Hardware I/O>IMAQ>Signal Input and Output, but I did not find anything related to it. Please tell me how to do that.

Thanks

Regards,

Sidd 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,372 Views)

Hi Sidd,

Where are you generating the pulse train? on the frame grabber or externally?  are you wanting to send the pulse train to two different pins?  or route an external trigger through the framegrabber to two different pins?  Here is a KnowledgeBase on routing triggers in CameraLink framegrabbers.  I hope this helps.

Kristen H.

Message Edited by Kristen H. on 06-08-2009 03:59 PM
Message Edited by Kristen H. on 06-08-2009 04:01 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,351 Views)

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for the reply. I am generating the pulse train on the frame grabber itself. As you know that I can not send this pulse out on 26 pin port because it is connected to camera. So I need the same pulse to be sent out at 15 pin port. I want to send the pulse only on one pin in 15 pin port. Actually, I am using IMU (gyros) and GPS which needs to be triggered at the same time when camera is triggered, that why I need to send the pulse out on 15 pin port. I hope it clears your doubts about my question.

Thanks

Sidd 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,339 Views)

Hi Sidd,

Try the  IMAQ Trigger Route VI.  You will probably also need to check out this Knowledgebase on how to route the signal with CC lines.  So for the Trigger source on the VI you will select the External line that corresponds with the CC line you are using, which looks to be Ext Trig 3 and CC4 based on the pinouts you mentioned. The trigger destination will be Ext Trig 1. Post back if you have more questions!

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,320 Views)