From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send chr$(195) in Labview (MAX)

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an elderly Philips DMM that needs re-calibrating, using the GPIB commands.  I need to send it a character string starting with CHR$(195).  I have a GPIB-USB-HS interface and run Labview 9.  To get me going I have been using the Measurement and Automation Tool.  Sorry this is a newbie question but I can't find the answer.  Thanks

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,763 Views)

Converting a numeric (U8) has actually been discussed a great number of times. Shown below are some of your options with the numeric being displayed in hex. The string constant is also set for hex display.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,757 Views)

So there is no simple way to do this in Measurement & Automation Explorer?  I assume I need to run the full Labview?

I wanted to check basic communication before I write any scripts, as I am a novice here.

tnx

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,746 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremy Owen

It's pretty simple to do in LabVIEW as seen by the examples given.

But in MAX, you can go to the VISA test panel, VI Write Screen.  Hold down the Alt key while you type 0195 on your numeric keypad.

Message 4 of 4
(2,739 Views)