LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send a string variable to Matlab script in Labview 7.1

I had a program which contains a matlab script. It works in Labview 7.0 I figured out that in the new version labview I need to change the type of input varialbes. e.g. from real -> complex; real vector -> complex vector. But I was still unable to feed a string to the string input I created. The error message is: LabVIEW failed to send variable to the script server. Server:"??? Undefined function or variable "***".
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,406 Views)
The Matlab Script Node only allows six datatypes and they are all numeric types. To workaround this situation, first use Matlab's 'double' command to covert the string to a numeric array. To then use the string in LabVIEW again, you'll want to use the Byte Array to String.vi to convert back into a LabVIEW string.

I've attached a simple VI to this email. Hope this helps!
Message 2 of 5
(3,406 Views)
Thanks. You answered my question. To add on that, I think users can export a string without any format change. Just add an output and define it as a string variable. It works. However, you are absolutely correct that the matlab script node only accepts numeric inputs now.

I attached the modified example here.

Thank you KileenC
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,406 Views)
Thanks for noticing that. You're right-on. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,406 Views)

in Labview script data tyypes are numeric you can convert data type numeric like double for string and after  simulation convert ack into string check  code pro zone.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,336 Views)