LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select alternative template if Selected template is not match?

Hello, 

I  am doing template matching using Ni vision.

I can compare templates properly, but in some cases I have to compare altenative template for example for one button there are two or three template if one doesnt work then go for other template. Here in attachment there is VI for template matching.

Currently I am doing like if template matching is 0 then false case and for false case I have provided path for alternative template. some how it take bit time to process. I hope there is some other ways to do so to reduce the unnecessory processing time.

I hope, I have explained my problem properly its bit confusing for me two explain.

Plese guide me how can I solve this problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, 

Ankit Ramani.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,424 Views)

Hi Ankit,

your application is not uncommon, so that it is not difficult to understand your request.

You can tweak you VI a little bit. I don't know what you mean with "reduce the unnecessory processing time". Even if the first template for the pattern match doens't match the current image, you can not save this processing step. You need to know, if the first pattern matches the image or not to determine if you have to process the second or even the third template.

The only point which you can tweak in your VI is that you only acquire the image from the camera once instead of each iteration of the loop. This will save processing time. You will may save also some processing time if you don't use the image mask and the Color Plane extraction each time you check for the presence or absence of the pattern. You have to use this function only once and use the pre processed image for the pattern match step(s).

Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,382 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply.

I will work on your suggestion to remove masking and color extraction.

Regards, 

Ankit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,378 Views)

Hello, 

I am facing one problem regarding to the object detection.

what I am doing currently is taking image and create tempate of the object from it that I want to detect.

But if there is small changies in light intesity, it is not possible to detect same teplate again. for example here in attachment I have attached two picture of same template image.

it is sometime timewasting to create template again and again for the same object, because of the small changies in the lights.

Is there any methods or solutions  to avoid this thing??

Thank you very much in advance.

Regads, 

Ankit.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,284 Views)