cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see live video from IP camera which are connected to NVR

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Friends

I just thinking to integrate IP camera (want to see live from camera) on LabView.

IP camera is connected to NVR and NVR connected to Network switch with my PC.

Please help how to do that as i am begginer in LabView.

Thanks,

Asif Iqbal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,776 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asif138

Find a DirectShow driver for your cameras or NVR Most people think an IP camera is a certain protocol and there is a single driver that will rule them all. Nothing is further from the truth. The IP refers to the IP protocol which is the basis on which TCP and UDP work. It is synonymous fo Ethernet in this case, meaning the camera has a Ethernet connection either as RJ-45 connector or through WiFi. How the image gets to the computer varies greatly. Some use HTTP to request simply pictures, other provide various forms of streaming protocols with as many different compression schemes and s few provide a proprietary protocol on top of TCP/IP or UDP. 
Once the camera is seen as DirectShow device in Windows, IMAQdx will see it too! 
Alternative would be to interface to an SDK driver for your camera if it exists by using the Call Library Node (for DLLs) or .Net (for assemblies and put the data yourself in an IMAQ image. This requires however a great deal of low level knowledge including C/C++/C# programming logic to be able to interface on such a level. Also note that IMAQdx and IMAQ costs money but doing it without is a lot of extra work

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 9
(2,714 Views)

Thanks for your replay

i will try your suggestion 

i tell you more detail as two IP Camera connected to network swithch and one NVR connected to that switch.

My PC running and connect to 2nd network switch and both swithch connected each other.

from where can i download directshow software..

Thanks

asif

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,554 Views)

I've been sticking with leveraging VLC for camera stuff lately.  Here is some example code.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/VLC-scripting-in-LabVIEW/ta-p/3515450

VLC is the one stop shop for playing media of just about any type, and as a result can stream from just about any camera; USB or IP based.  Then I just have LabVIEW display the VLC stream into a picturebox, and take snaps saving them to a file as needed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,541 Views)

Thanks for link you provided..

i have download from first link and intall.

do i need any more setting for that?

thanks,

asif 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,346 Views)

You betcha! Every network camera has its own specific settings that you have to get either from the technical details of the camera, some smart google foo or reverse engineering of the camera protocol, and of course you need to somehow also enter the network address of the camera somewhere.

As these solutions are not manufacturer specific they usually do not contain auto detection tools for your camera. That would be an unfeasable plan since there would have to be hundreds of different such tools and often the auto detection method if present at all is considered uninteresting for 3rd parties and neither documented nor specified.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,336 Views)

hi

i installed ip camera adapter and tried to configured it. 

but camera showing on NI Max But can not get image.

can you tell me what is issue?

Please see attached file.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,246 Views)

The camera adapter driver you installed seems to not be compatible with IMAQdx. Or you haven't really configured the adapter driver correctly to actually connect to your camera.

Can you access that camera from a different application like Microsoft Teams, Skype or similar and see the image?

If not that is your main problem that you need to solve first.

If it works in those applications then there is an incompatibility. Many of these drivers were written to provide a minimal interface that provides only the most important properties and methods of the Windows DirectShow camera interface. IMAQdx as an industrial image interface expects a little more than just the ability to grab an image frame and query some pixel format values and image dimensions. And if the driver doesn't support those properties fully the IMAQdx driver can simply stop wanting to talk to your driver.

However your image showing that it tries to connect to the camera would indicate to me that you simply haven't really configured the driver properly yet to connect to your camera. Check that out and try to access it through some other applications first. Before it does work in applications like Skype, OBS or similar you can spare your energy to try to make it work with IMAQdx.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,242 Views)