LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save image of entire front panel to folder?

Solved!
Go to solution

So I've attached my VI, and upon error checking it seems to work fine up until the Write JPEG to File code is implemented. It gives ERR 1 there. I feel like I've almost got it figured out, but no dice yet.

Just upload whatever personal VI you have to test my code.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,829 Views)

I get the same error when trying to write the file to a folder where I need elevated privileges (e.g. "C:\test.jpg"). However writing to desktop, documents or other folder where elevated privileges are not needed, it works fine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,816 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ShogunOrta

Curious.  This worked for me (basically your code, cleaned up a little) ...  Hmm, can't save image (which worked a few days ago, now it insists on showing only part of the image), so I'll attach the code as a LabVIEW Snippet, as well as the output JPEG (which shows the Front Panel).

Bob Schor

Download All
Message 3 of 5
(4,779 Views)

I got no error either when saving to Desktop. I deleted the file path because it was asking an existing .JPG file (this can be configured by right clicking that control, then Properties and changing what it should show/expect)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,738 Views)

Thanks guys! I got it to work, but only when the JPEG was being saved to a folder on my desktop. It probably has something to do with Administrator permissions (although I'm running this on a administrator account). But at least this is a good start. Thanks everyone.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,687 Views)