From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save and load positions and layer orders of front panel controls?

Hi, demo.vi can move controls using mouse click event and changing layer order of front panel controls using shortcut menu. I want to save and load controls positions and layer orders programmatically, how to save and load positions and orders?
I have attached my vi,
Can anyone help?

Himmet GENCER
Software Development Coordinator at TDG
himmetgencer@gmail.com

View Himmet Gencer's profile on LinkedIn

View on Instagram
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,130 Views)

Use property nodes to get the values of these properties (e.g. position, z-index) and write them to a configuration file on exit. When your VI starts, load them back from the configuration file. You can use the Ctrls[] property of a VI Pane to get an array of all controls/indicators.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,117 Views)

Thanks Sam,

But I can't find z-index of controls. How can ı find this property?

Regards,

Himmet GENCER
Software Development Coordinator at TDG
himmetgencer@gmail.com

View Himmet Gencer's profile on LinkedIn

View on Instagram
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,113 Views)
Ah, you said that the VI you had was able to change the ordering - so I assumed you could use the same method to get/set the order.

It doesn't look like it's a property for that - but I did find this idea: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Programmatic-Manipulation-of-Object-Layer-z-order/idi-...

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,105 Views)