From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save Labview inbuilt Vis as a separate folder in a project

Hi, I am using STM Reference Library Vis which does not come inbuilt in Labview.So I installed VI Packet Manager and downloaded STM Reference Library .

Problem faced:

1.I now need to use my application in other PCs.(for which i build an installer.

2.But I also need to include Stm Reference Library.

I thought of saving the specific Vis used in my application in my project.

Can anyone help me do it. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,708 Views)

Can you include it in your installer?  That's a much better solution than the hack you are proposing.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,681 Views)

I agree with Billko, and my own experience.  Whenever I build an executable, I only put the Top Level VI in the Source Files "Startup VI" entry.  All of the Dependencies, such as entries in vi.lib, user.lib, packages installed with VIPM and used in my code, etc., are automatically included in the Build.  If I'm going to another PC, I only need to ensure that the LabVIEW Run Time Engine (and possibly Device Drivers, if hardware is involved) are present.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,668 Views)

The STM library is just a bunch of VI.  And I do not know of any part of STM that is called dynamically.  Therefore the library should just be included in the executable build automatically.  Nothing special that you need to do.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,660 Views)