LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run an aplication of say 5 screens(Front panel) using web publishing tool

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to run an application through  web publishing tool which is having 5 screens. I could able to see the very first screen successfully but as i navigate to the other from my application, new screen is not displaying. I also tried the same by including the url while building exe also but not working.

Please guide me.

Thanks,

Subbu

LV 8.0, 8.6, 2011,2012,2013 WinXP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,318 Views)

Hi,

Using web publishing tool you can view only one vi, one screen at a time and it wont navigate to others bcoz you will specify only one vi name in settings. If you want to see the screens as it navigates you can use in tool menu>operate>contect to remote panel...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,313 Views)

Hi gita,

Thanks for reply. But if i use remote panel, does that transfer the control to the user? i want it to be only for monitoring purpose...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,309 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author subbzz

HI,

If you are going to develop a web application, you should be very clear and careful about this.

On Web the pops and your popup subvis will not work properly, You have to develop your application on Tab control. Your complete solution should be in a single packet.

If you want to give the access to different-different 5 users you can easily provide it. All users can monitor and control your application easily on web.

Its upto you, you can define the number of users to access the web application.

If you publish your application on local IP this will work only in your local network but if you publish it on your public IP this will work as a web application like Google, gmail, yahoo.....

Thanks and Regards

Himanshu Goyal

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,293 Views)

Hi Goyal,

Yes i want it to be in local ip only and am able to give access to diffrerent users but were not able to navigate. Also thanks for suggesting tabs so tht my application lies in one vi Smiley Happy

Thanks,

subbu

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,284 Views)

Hi Subbu,

If you use connect to remote panel option, you can give access to control only if required else they can only monitor. And "yes" with this option the pop-ups will not appear on the client PC's and few issues see here for more details https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview/page/errors-when-connecting-to-remote-front-panels.html. hence you can use tabs as Goyal said or you can use customised pop-ups in your application.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,279 Views)

HI Gita

Thanks a lot for the link which is more informative. So its better to go with tabs and customised pop ups...

Thanks a lot...Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,272 Views)