LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run a runtime application has FPGA and FIFO without labview development environment?

Hi All:

I have two computers, one with Labview development environment and the other without.

There is a runtime application has FPGA and FIFO that developed on the first computer.

Is it possible to run the application on the second one? Such as install labview runtime/driver on the second computer ...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,172 Views)

Where is the FPGA and FIFO?  Is it on a board plugged into the Development Computer, or is it on a "movable" peripheral (a cRIO, PXI, something else) that can be "attached" to the other computer?

Have you built an "executable" on the Development computer that you can run without having to start LabVIEW?

If many of these things are true, you might be able to install a LabVIEW Run Time Environment on the second Computer (especiially if the two PCs are running the same OS) and run your executable from the second machine.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,154 Views)

Thanks for reply.

FPGA and FIFO running on cRIO-9039, I always run the application on the first computer by starting labview project.

I am try to build an executable application with the menu : new - runtime application then got 3 suspicious files:

my runtime application/depinstr.bin

my runtime application/home/lvuser/natinst/startup.aliases

my runtime application/home/lvuser/natinst/startup.rtexe

I don't know how to use them and do not sure if I will get the waveform displaying on the second computer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,139 Views)

Hi bobo,

@tigerbobo wrote:

I am try to build an executable application with the menu : new - runtime application then got 3 suspicious files:

my runtime application/depinstr.bin

my runtime application/home/lvuser/natinst/startup.aliases

my runtime application/home/lvuser/natinst/startup.rtexe

I don't know how to use them and do not sure if I will get the waveform displaying on the second computer.

These files need to be deployed to your cRIO! Then just enable the "start on boot" feature for this startup.rtexe.

LabVIEW comes with a huge library of example VIs and projects! There are also several example projects explaining how to transfer data from your cRIO to any computer running a suitable host application…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,113 Views)