LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the first 12 seconds of data collected by the device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, masters, I bought a device (NI cDAQ-9132and NI)to collect acceleration signals, but through the waveform, I found that the first 12 seconds of data is too large, seriously off the actual value. The data will be normal after 12 seconds, so I want to delete the data collected within 12 seconds of the device starting to collect. What should I do, please?

•  
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(817 Views)

A photograph of your monitor is not really suitable to offer a solution. You can for example only start recording after a certain delay or you can trim the data later. Both are simple. How much LabVIEW programming do you know?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(781 Views)

I have only been learning LabVIEW for 3 months. Could you please tell me how to delay recording, for example, start recording after 12 seconds? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(763 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author laixx

Hi laixx,

@laixx wrote:

Could you please tell me how to delay recording, for example, start recording after 12 seconds?

Set DAQmxRead to read data for exactly one second (number of samples = samplerate).

Then use a case structure to do "nothing" in the first 12 iterations of that while loop.

Do your analysis/"recording" only starting from 13th iteration on!

Btw. there is no "recording" in your VI, all I see is DAQ and some data analysis/display…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(725 Views)

Thank you very much!The data will be packaged and transmitted to the train system home through certain protocols. The VI for transmission has been written but not uploaded

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(719 Views)