From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the first 12 seconds of data collected by the device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, masters, I bought a device (NI cDAQ-9132and NI)to collect acceleration signals, but through the waveform, I found that the first 12 seconds of data is too large, seriously off the actual value. The data will be normal after 12 seconds, so I want to delete the data collected within 12 seconds of the device starting to collect. What should I do, please?

•  
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(815 Views)

A photograph of your monitor is not really suitable to offer a solution. You can for example only start recording after a certain delay or you can trim the data later. Both are simple. How much LabVIEW programming do you know?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(779 Views)

I have only been learning LabVIEW for 3 months. Could you please tell me how to delay recording, for example, start recording after 12 seconds? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(761 Views)
Solution
Accepted by laixx

Hi laixx,

@laixx wrote:

Could you please tell me how to delay recording, for example, start recording after 12 seconds?

Set DAQmxRead to read data for exactly one second (number of samples = samplerate).

Then use a case structure to do "nothing" in the first 12 iterations of that while loop.

Do your analysis/"recording" only starting from 13th iteration on!

Btw. there is no "recording" in your VI, all I see is DAQ and some data analysis/display…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(723 Views)

Thank you very much!The data will be packaged and transmitted to the train system home through certain protocols. The VI for transmission has been written but not uploaded

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(717 Views)