From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the edges around text boxes on Front Panel layout

@chilly charly wrote:

When painted in "transparent" color, the "shadow" disappear. Transparent is the only color that has an effect of the 3D appearance, obtained using the front panel background color, slightly lighter and darker.

Well... I'll be a flying monkey...    CC is right again..

The way to get a clear 3D decorative frame is to select transparent "T" (in the upper right corner of the paint tool) for BOTH the fore & back grounds... 

WOW...  now.. why would someone do that??  but heck... it can be done... 

Ah... the wonderful & unlimited world of LabView...

😄

Thanks CC!

EDITED PORTION >>>>>>

And yes... I've already thought of reasons why you would want to do this..  Hummm ... clever.  😄

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 03-28-2006 09:34 AM

Message 11 of 27
(1,662 Views)
Ooops, I must be doing something wrong... please, cc, check if I should do something else:

open a new blank VI
go to the Front Panel
Right-Click to show Front Panel Controls
go to String&Path
select an String Indicator
place it on FP
select transparent color for both foreground and background
select the coloring tool
click on the border...

but the border doesn't dissapear.

Please, do you do something else?
Aitortxo.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(1,658 Views)

I finally got it!  Thank You!!

Aitortxo, there is one thing you are missing.  When you click on the border, you must right-click and the pointer must be exactly over the border.  Then it will bring up the color palate.  Now you can use the space key to toggle between the split colors in the bottom left corner of the color palate.  Make the color on the left transparent and the border will vanish.

pdaks

Message 13 of 27
(1,648 Views)
Impresive, CC!, may be CC's weekly nugget??

5 stars.

And thanks, pdaks for the tip!!
Aitortxo.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(1,645 Views)

Previous postinf deleted due to its inappropriate wording.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 03-29-2006 07:34 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 15 of 27
(1,626 Views)
Well I'll be.......

That's great news.  I don't know how many times I've reverted to the classic controls simply because I wanted to get rid of than annoying shadow.

Now I can stick with the newfangled 2.5D thingies NI brought to us.....

So simple and quick, yet mostly unknown I'll bet.

Great stuff CC!

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 16 of 27
(1,625 Views)

And thanks Shane for sharing..

I won't feel as bad for not knowing this trick.

Well done CC!

Tu ne cesses de m'impressionner  😉

Message 17 of 27
(1,622 Views)

Aahum !.. Thanks for the star avalanche, but are you sure that was worth the work ? Just clicking with the paint brush on an object to change its color doesn't seems a very challenging operation... 🙂
Now, if somebody could find a way to do it programmatically, that's another story ! 😉

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 18 of 27
(1,615 Views)
CC,

I agree it's easy, but easy tips aren't neccessarily bad tips.

I've been working for a while with LV (~10 years now) and I NEVER thought or right-clicking with the paintbrush.

Your post made an ever so slight >click< in my mind and suddenly something which always annoyed me was so much easier.  If that's not worth stars, what is?

Shane.

PS Your relentless search for more stars by re-posting will be rewarded.  But we're watching, so be careful.... 😉
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 19 of 27
(1,603 Views)

Look!

Another chance to introduce even more chaos into the contellation of stars!

NO, must resist, must not push button.... (should be read as if James Tiberius Kirk was talking).

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 20 of 27
(1,598 Views)