cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the edges around text boxes on Front Panel layout

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(4,270 Views)
Use the Paint brush tool and color the text box will the "transparent" color. While in the color picker mode, use the space bar on your keyboard to toggle between the foreground and background colors
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 2 of 27
(4,262 Views)
I tried this but when I toggle the space bar I go out of the paint picker mode.  I can make the foreground and background transparent, but I still cannot get the edges to go away.  What am I missing?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(4,258 Views)
Don't know where your problem is. Still you can copy the attached control to use it in your app ! ;):(

Message 4 of 27
(4,246 Views)
Hi Pdaks:

I use Classic Controls when I want the bordes not to be displayed. The transparent color on their borders works fine.

If you try the same with "normal" LV7 controls, there is a shadow you can't take away (unless you customize the control, of course)

Hope it helps,
Aitortxo.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(4,243 Views)

Aitortxo a écrit: ...If you try the same with "normal" LV7 controls, there is a shadow you can't take away (unless you customize the control, of course)...

When painted in "transparent" color, the "shadow" disappear. Transparent is the only color that has an effect of the 3D appearance, obtained using the front panel background color, slightly lighter and darker.

Message 6 of 27
(4,247 Views)

Are you using a frame around the text box?

Shaddow effects of the frame cannot be cleared.

Message 7 of 27
(4,248 Views)
CC, is it possible to hide the border of a string indicator without customizing the control? (I mean, if the string control is not a classic string control)
Aitortxo.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(4,246 Views)

Aitortxo a écrit:
CC, is it possible to hide the border of a string indicator without customizing the control? (I mean, if the string control is not a classic string control)

Of course, even if JLV just pretend the opposite !.. You just have to point the paintbrush tool to the border and select the transparent color. That's what I did on the example provided above.

JLV, you should pay more attention etc... etc... etc... :D:D:D

Message Edité par chilly charly le 03-28-2006 03:18 PM

Message 9 of 27
(4,242 Views)

Wait...  Am I learning something new??

You mean that you can clear out the decorative borders?  Without removing them?  Although I fail to understand the logic, why would someone clear the decorative borders?... instead of removing them...

I'm paying attention 😉  I know that he is referring to a simple text box.  But since the edge is still there, maybe there is more than a simple text box 🙂 

CC, tu merites quand-meme tes etoiles 😄

Message 10 of 27
(4,234 Views)