From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to release license seat after LabVIEW crashes?

Solved!
Go to solution

I use my User-Based license on 2 machines. Yesterday, I had to End Task LabVIEW on one of those. Now the license is stuck with Network Checkout for that computer, even when LabVIEW isn't running.

Opening & closing LabVIEW on the offending machine didn't release the license.

Removing & adding the license server on the offending machine didn't release the license.

Restarting the offending machine didn't release the license.

How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,918 Views)

When you open LV, are there 1 or 2 seats checked out?

Did you change any settings in license manager?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,866 Views)

Your VLA admin will be able to help.  The problem is on the server side.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 8
(2,854 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JÞB

Thanks for the replies. Our admin needed to restart the license server service to release the seat.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,821 Views)

@OneOfTheDans wrote:

Thanks for the replies. Our admin needed to restart the license server service to release the seat.

Don't forget to mark Jeff's post as the solution so other people can know the problem was resolved and benefit from your knowledge.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,808 Views)

@billko wrote:

@OneOfTheDans wrote:

Don't forget to mark Jeff's post as the solution so other people can know the problem was resolved and benefit from your knowledge.  🙂

Actually,  the OP filled in what the VLA Admin needed to do.   So, super powers activated and solution marked. 

Now I know what the admin needs to do 😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,795 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@billko wrote:

@OneOfTheDans wrote:

Actually,  the OP filled in what the VLA Admin needed to do.   So, super powers activated and solution marked. 

Now I know what the admin needs to do 😄

All right, so you get a kudo, then, for pointing the OP in the right direction.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,790 Views)

All right, so you get a kudo, then, for pointing the OP in the right direction.  🙂

I'll take the kudos but, since the OP had already tried everything client side, there was only one place left to look:D. Simple logic.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,764 Views)