LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refer to multiplexer in Keysight 34980 as IVI switch

Solved!
Go to solution

Yes, we are using NXG 2.1 and have tried just repeating the channel number and various combinations of newline/returns. Always fails indicating not a valid path. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,312 Views)

Would agree that SCPI commands would certainly be an easier route here but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that from within NXG 2.1. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,311 Views)

I'm sure I've seen NXG instrument driver examples...keithley 2400 and keysight 34491.  Look for VISA under NXG Examples or Help.  Search the NXG forum too.

You use VISA to send SCPI.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,302 Views)

There doesn't appear to be any examples (that I can find) using a mux in the 34980 chassis. Coming up empty on just general use of a mux with IVI as well. We're going to take this to Keysight and see if they can help - if so we'll post back here.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,277 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Li_CD

Turns out it is possible to create a route in NI Switch Executive between 2001 (slot 2 channel 1) - abus1 and other channels and corresponding abus1-4. We have verified that then using the Switch Executive IVI components these routes can be opened and closed. So this seems to be an acceptable work-around.

There doesn't seem to be any reason that the general IVI Switch components cannot make the same route when choosing 2001 for channel 1 and abus1 for channel 2. 

Message 15 of 16
(1,264 Views)

Hi,

Do you have an VI for example of your solution?

I want to use a 34921A mux card just to switch signals and analyse them with an NI-Daq.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,026 Views)