LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recreate examples ?

LabVIEW examples are essential for learning how to use various tools in LabVIEW. 

Are there any tricks other than using the 'Context help' tool to learn how to recreate examples ?

For instance, I was looking at the "Clamp.vi" example (Machine vision), where an "Invoke node"  (I think) is used to specify a "true" condition for a case structure that draws a new "region of interest". I'm totally lost trying to give an "Invoke node" the same attributes.

If someone has any tips for how to find out which blocks are used in the examples, please share.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,037 Views)

Hi Ron,

If someone has any tips for how to find out which blocks are used in the examples, please share.

Open the context help to read about the used functions: here you also find links into the LabVIEW help.

And start with more simple examples than Machine Vision. There also is a Training section in the header of this LabVIEW board!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,020 Views)

You've chosen one of the more difficult, "different", and "under-documented" aspects of LabVIEW, namely LabVIEW Vision.  

You are looking at a property of the Display (here perhaps misleadingly called "Image").  When you "do something" to/with the Display (or the Image it shows), you generate an "Event" (not to be confused with a LabVIEW "Event", handled with an Event Loop, and you're probably asking "Why not use an Event Loop?" -- good question ...).  The "Draw" Event, which is what is being tested here, occurs when you "Draw" a Region of Interest (ROI).

[Drat -- I was mousing around the Invoke node and up popped some Help, describing many, but not all, of the illustrated elements shown.  I closed the window, then tried to figure out how I opened it, but can't (yet) do it again ...  More "undocumented Features".]

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 3
(1,975 Views)