From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the data in spectrum analyzer (Anritsu MS2661C) and put it in Excel using Labview

Hi all, I'm new to using the labview, and I have some trouble doing my project using the labview software.

I have been trying to use the spectrum analyzer (Anritsu MS2661C) which connect to computer using the GPIB connection.

I have got the instrument driver which can write and control the instrument using Labview 2010.

and my Question is how do read the data or result from the spectrum analyzer and send it to the microsoft excel?

Do I need to use other software or programming to do this step?

If anyone know how is this done, please let me know.

Regards,

Ery

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,083 Views)

Hi ery,

In order to send data that you have read in from an instrument to Excel, the most convenient way to do this would be to use our Report Generation Toolkit.  The Report Generation Toolkit is a very useful tool that allows you to interface to Microsoft Office software from LabVIEW, including Word and Excel.  I am not sure if you are familiar with this, but I have attached a link that explains more about the Report Generation Toolkit below.  

Another way would be to use the Write To Spreadsheet File VI.  While this will store your data to a spreadsheet data file, it will not allow you to programmatically perform any Excel formatting like the Report Generation Toolkit offers.  I have also attached a link to some information on the Write To Spreadsheet VI below.  

Also, be sure to check out the Example Finder in LabVIEW for a number of examples on how to write data to a spreadsheet file.  From LabVIEW, you can go to Help»Find Examples to launch the Example Finder.  From there, you can search for "spreadsheet," which should populate examples for use in different applications.  I hope this helps, ery.  Please let me know if you have any further questions about these!

NI LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office

Write To Spreadsheet File VI 

Taylor G.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,047 Views)

Hi Taylor G,

Thanks a lot for you information and help, I will have a try tomorrow when I get into the school lab, thanks a million 😄

cheers,

Ery

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,035 Views)