LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the data in NI4472 for PCI card by using EXT TRIG

Dear All,

Iam using NI 4472 for PCI card. In that if i confiured external trigger (Configuration - trigger source: PF10/EXT_Trig & Edge: Rising) measurement and automation gives time out error ( Error code is 10800).With out extrenal trigger i can able to read the data. Can any one give suggestion to read the data by using extrenal  digital trigger.

Regards,

Vasu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,778 Views)
What is your trigger source? Are you sure you have it connected correctly? Have you looked at the trigger signal with a scope?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,774 Views)

The external trigger on the 4472 is a TTL type input and is meant as a start trigger.  First, you need to double check that the voltage levels of the source meet the requirements of the trigger. 

If your unit under test is a rotating machine and you are interested in aligning the data to the angular position of the shaft, I recommend bringing in the trigger on an analog channel (of the 4472 or from a DAQ board such as X series). 

In our sound and vibration measurement suite, http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/203624, we provide a function for analyzing the analog tachometer and then aligning all the time series data to the angular position of the shaft.  This second function is resampling.  You can download a trial of the sound and vibration measurement suite at http://digital.ni.com/demo.nsf/websearch/8f7a35f1eaf9f56b86257559006eeb77?opendocument.

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,765 Views)

Iam using Encoder with Ikhz frequency TTL output .Connection everything is correct, verified with scope also. Encoder Pulse voltage level is 5V. But iam not getting any data.

Regards,

Vasu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,762 Views)

Iam using Encoder with 1khz frequency TTL output .Connection everything is correct, verified with scope also. Encoder Pulse voltage level is 5V. But iam not getting any data. Can you give the details about the configuration of external trigger settings.

Regards,

Vasu

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,739 Views)

Iam using Encoder with 1khz frequency TTL output .Connection everything is correct, verified with scope also. Encoder Pulse voltage level is 5V. But iam not getting any data. Can you give the details about the configuration of external trigger settings.

Regards,

Vasu

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,698 Views)

You should check the voltage levels of the digital trigger pulse with the scope while the the trigger is connected to the board. 

I would suggest looking at the example Acq&graph Voltage-Int Clock-Dig Start.vi which you can find in the examples/daqmx/analog in folder. 

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,691 Views)