LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the Data ?

My Requirement is to read the data acquired on the RT target (PXI) from Remote PC and write to the file in the remote PC as well as the file should also created in the RT target.

My channel count is 64 channels.

Pls post me how I can achieve it

by
lux
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,571 Views)
Hello Lux,

You can use File I/O LabVIEW functions to write to a file on your RT Target. Here is a document that explains how you can optimize the performance of File I/O in RT - the main thing to remember is to write 512 byte chunks and to stay aligned with disk sectors.

In order to communicate with the host machine, you can use any of several networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, datasocket, VI Server, and UDP. Your choice will depend on what is most important - speed, whether or not you can miss a point in transfer, etc. For example, TCP/IP is a lossless transfer method - every point will arrive in the order it was sent. UDP is
a faster transfer method, but you may lose points. Datasocket is quite a bit easier to program than TCP/IP but it is also slower. Here is a document that explains more about your networking options.

The last and most important thing to remember is that both File I/O and networking functions are not deterministic. In fact, putting these functions in a time-critical loop can harm your determinism. If you are trying to program a real-time application, you should separate these functions into a separate VI and use a safe inter-thread communication method (such as RT FIFOs) to send data back and forth between the two threads.

Thanks,
Dafna
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,571 Views)