cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read data from the Kinesis device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Ni Community,

I have been using Kinesis Brushless Motor Controller (KBD101) device, with the help of Kinesis .dll files I have written a code in Labview. Everything is going fine. I have a concern about data saving in compute. When I use KBD101 it is showing rotation of angle. Now my task is to save that angle data into any one of the formates (text file,graph, excel etc:). Could you please help me with your suggestions and ideas for saving the data. For your reference I am attaching the figures of codes, Could you please check the code and let me know your valuable suggestions.

Thanks 

Vijay

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,416 Views)

Add a property node to the wire going through your While loop and select the "Position" property.  That will get you the angle of the motor at that exact instant.  Just start sending that information where ever it needs to go.  You might want to add a delay to the loop so you don't measure the angle 1000 times a second if that's not what you want, though.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,390 Views)

Hi Kyle,

Thank you so much for your reply. As per your suggestion, I am trying to add a property node (.NET) to the wire going through the While loop but I am unable to select the "POSITION" property in the property node. Could you please let me know the reason.

And my second doubt is how do I save the measured angle data from the Kinesis brushless motor. I am trying to save the data in Graph format. Could you please suggestion in getting the attached graph format.

Thanks

Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,359 Views)

Hi Kyle,

I am trying to use Property node (.NET) to the wire going to the while loop but I am not able to find the "POSITION" property in the list. Could you please help me why it is not showing in the select property list?!

Thanks

Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,356 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vijay0507

Not the correct wire.  You need to use the same one you used for the GetStatusBits (the "device" reference), and just use a property node instead of an invoke node.

Kyle97330_0-1633122192629.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,341 Views)

Hi Kyle,

Thank you so much for your help, with your suggestion I have successfully added the position property to my device. I have a small doubt about " I don't have to measure the angle 1000 times a second". How do I make delay to the loop. Could you please let me know. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks

Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,328 Views)

Hi Kyle,

I have used "position property nide (.NET)" to the block diagram but the device is getting disconnected when I used this property node. Usually, device shows connected without the property node, but after using the property node it is showing disconnected. Could your please let me know why do I need to connect any parameter to the position property node. please could you assist me. For your reference, I am attaching the figures. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks

Vijay

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,315 Views)

Hi Kyle,

I have a small doubt with the property node (.NET) I have assigned a position property. program is executing properly but  When I try to plot the rotation angle from the motor in waveform graph but its not plotting. Could you please help me did I do wrong anywhere in the program. I am attaching my Vi file. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks 

Vijay

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,287 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vijay0507

You're using a "Graph", which only shows what you wire into it immediately, so it shows one point then erases it and shows the next.  You have two options.

One, you could replace the "Graph" with a "Chart", and remove the "build array" node.  A chart plots the last 1000 or so points on it, storing the old points inside it.

The other option would be that you need to build your array continually.  Wire the array to the edge of the While loop, change it to a shift register, then expand the Build Array node and wire it back into itself.  You'll need to add something to initialize it back to a blank array every time you restart the program as well as something to limit the amount of points it accumulates in the array.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,281 Views)