LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read .csv file (from measurements)and read it in LabVIEW then automatically send to spreadsheet (excel) format?

How to read .csv file (from measurements)and read it in LabVIEW then automatically send to spreadsheet (excel) format?

thx
Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,931 Views)
The Read From Spreadsheet File function (on the File I/O palette) is for reading comma separated files. Just set the delimiter input to be a comma instead of a tab (\t). To write in Excel format, you need to use ActiveX. Look at the shipping example Write Table to XL and modify it, buy the Report Generation Toolkit, or search the forum and NI Zone for numerous example of Excel and ActiveX.
Message 2 of 7
(8,931 Views)
The attached VI (LV 6.1, Excel 2002) reads a CSV file into LabVIEW. You can use this VI with the 'Write Table to XL' example VI that comes with LabVIEW to translate your file.

Chris_Mitchell
Product Development Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,931 Views)
Hi Archmedes, thx for the vi.
Unfortunately, i could bot read it it;'s LV6.1, mine is 6.0
Any sugget how to cope with this?

cheers
Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,931 Views)

Chris,

I have a block diagram that runs the equation but I need input values from .CSV excel file to do that. Attached is my block diagram diagram and CSV file..could anyone modify Block Diagram to get the data from .CSV file..

Thanks!

Luke

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,163 Views)

Dennis,

I've a question...Before writing the data to anXML file, is there a way to edit the tags in that file?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,097 Views)