From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to plot two analogue inputs from a DAQ device against eachother on an XY graph

I am trying to separate data I am acquiring from two analogue inputs on my NI USB-6009 in order to plot them againt one another on an XY graph. I have tried setting up two DAQ assistants on the block diagram, one acquiring data from ai0 and the other from ai1. I tried to wire these to the X input and Y input respectively and running in a while loop but Error -50103 shows up.

I've read through a few discussion threads and have found that you should acquire the data from both analogue inputs thorugh one DAQ assistant, useing index arrays to split the data and wire to the X input and Y input of the XY graph, but I cannot figure out how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,508 Views)
It's pretty trivial to use a single DAQ Assistant. When you create one, you are given the option for multiple channels and shown how to select them. Once created with a single channel, you simply open the assistant and click on the Add button. After the acquisition, you use the spilt signal function if you stick with the evil dynamic data.
Message 2 of 2
(2,489 Views)