From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to plot this data from an array to XY graph?

Sorry, my labview isn't really good, can't manage to fix this here.

Hope someone would help me with this to manage showing something out.

the data in the middle is the data with a time stamp and all my 16 channels data all seperated by /t

so I made an array and I don't know how to put it in the graph.

The graph can either show one at a time and let user choose or just show 16 channel together.

Hope someone could give me a hand, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,890 Views)

Can you attach the log file as well please?

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,874 Views)

Hello Milkbottlec,

Please refer below mention document. I think this VI may help you to plot the waveform data to XY-Graph...

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-20352

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,869 Views)

No problem, thanks for the help.

Here is the zip file containing the program and the a small log (10 samples per second).

Basically, I have already pull out the time stamp and the 16 channels (seperated with \t) in the middle array, format is like this:

Time\sStamp\tChannel:00\tChannel:01\tChannel:02\tChannel:03\tChannel:04\tChannel:05\tChannel:06\tChannel:07\tChannel:10\tChannel:11\tChannel:12\tChannel:13\tChannel:14\tChannel:15\tChannel:16\tChannel:17\tIP\sAddress\t\n

(in the log file only Channel:14 data is real, others are random as not connected)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,851 Views)

I finally get it into a 1D array, but how could I plot it on the graph, here is an update

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,846 Views)

I dont have everything to get your mail vi working, so I have attached a snippet which may help with plotting the log file data.

waveform graph.png

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,830 Views)

i have packed it in the zip file above with the new vi., could you help me have a try, please.

Maybe I say it again here, make it more clear....thanks for your help too. But ask a few question first...

1. The captured data format by UDP is shown above. After capturing the current data, I have made an array for the current data in the middle of the VI, I guess you can see it already.
2. The plot graph need to plot all the channels (maybe on the same graph and auto scale x (time) and y (voltage level) )

3. Normally how do you do real time graph? Should we use the captured data rather then reading the file? (as it keeps on writing the file already)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,821 Views)

I will try and find an example for you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,811 Views)

This one may be of help, if you need more signals just duplicate the code in the loop.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-18312

There is an example that ships with LV: XY Multi Plot.vi

Also, more results here: http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/global/lang/en/pg/1/q/xy%20multiplot/

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,803 Views)