LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to plot 3D Array data onto a 3D graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, everyone,

I have a 3D array data which represents the light intensity in a 3D space, as shown in the picture. I wish to draw the array data onto a 3D graph. The x, y, z axis of the 3D graph represents the space coordinate, also shown in the pic attached. And I wish to use different colors to represent the LightIntensity value.

I have searched some discussions in the forum, but the previous examples could not  run in my PC, some may due to the ActiveX difference between different PCs, others may due to the missing of certain sub VIs. So could anyone show how to do this? And further, to zoom, or to rotate the 3D graph?

Thanks a lot! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,108 Views)

I think it's not quite possible without ActiveX. Why don't you try to solve the issue with ActiveX

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,044 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MinweiYang

@MinweiYang wrote:

Hi, everyone,

And further, to zoom, or to rotate the 3D graph?

alexderjuengere_0-1615483223897.png

rotation is by left click and drag, zooming is b a ctl+leftclick and drag

---------

furthermore, there exist this trick:

alexderjuengere_1-1615483299542.png

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-display-4d-data-within-a-3d-scatter-plot/m-p/2508388#M763667

but I am quite sure, this is not what you want - 

I have seen issues with active x from old .vi (32 bit), which work fine in LabView 2019 32 bit, but throw an error when tried to open in LabView 2020 64 Bit.

but when programmed in 2020, everything is fine.

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361P-01/lvconcepts/using_activex_with_labview/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,036 Views)

Thanks. But you're right, that's not I need...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(982 Views)

hello
i am also trying to plot a 3D graph from 3D array.
if you have got to know how to do that can you please help me with the block diagram

more details of my experiment are below

Essentially, the 3D data is collected from acoustic microscopy, where a total of 1024 samples are collected at different time stamps using ultrasonic scanning. Each sample corresponds to the signals received from the object being scanned, and these signals are stored in their respective pages within the 3D array. The scanning process is specifically focused on a particular object, resulting in higher intensity data from that object. My goal is to plot all the points of the 3D array. However, some layers of the 3D image may contain unnecessary image data, such as the medium (air) in which the object is present, while some intermediate layers will contain the actual data from the object. I want to visualize the entire 3D image, including the object and the surrounding medium (air) but not just the surface. Could you please assist me in constructing a block diagram to accomplish this task? I am available to answer any questions you may have regarding this matter.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(271 Views)

May i know what is ActiveX?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(270 Views)