From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to place pipes, pumps and valves in LabVIEW 8.5?

Hello,

I'm an Undergraduate student of Electrical Engineering and simulating the Lube Oil system for the gas turbine generator.

I need to know how I can place the pipes, pumps and valves in LabVIEW 8.5??

Also I need to know if a control symbol on front panel (e.g. a pipe) can be rotated/tilted or not??

Replies awaited.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,708 Views)

Pipes, pumps, etc. are part of the DSC module. They have all the controls of which you speak in 4 orientations.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,705 Views)

There is a Multi-Segment Pipe control in LabVIEW, but it isn't on the palette.  It's a boolean and the color indicates the state.

The attached VI contains one.

Note in addition to changing the size/shape with the grab-handles, you can right-click to add/remove segments.

Message 3 of 9
(7,694 Views)

Here is a set of built-in decorations that aren't on the palette.

Message 4 of 9
(7,669 Views)

Thanks for your support. 🙂

There's a little technical hitch. The decos file is built on LabVIEW 10 and, as I mentioned, I have 8.5.

Kindly repost it.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,650 Views)

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,644 Views)

Thanks alot... 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,640 Views)

I'm a b.tech student.I'm doing my project on labview.I want to place pipes ,valves and pumps in my front panel.I have a labview of 2012 version.kindly post necessary link compatible with labview 2012

with regards

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,204 Views)

Did you try the ones linked above?  LabVIEW code is generally backwards compatible so the old versions should open fine in 2012.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 9 of 9
(7,186 Views)