LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pause a certain icon while keep the VI running?

Hello there,

I am currently doing a PC based blood pressure monitoring system. I am trying to get the values of systolic and diastolic pressure.I want to know if there is a way to pause when i get the systolic value but keep the VI running so that i can get the diastolic value. I am doing auscultation method so i need to listen to the korotkoff sounds manually by using a stethoscope. If there is no way to pause it, is there any other way for me to get the two values? Do let me know asap coz i have less than a month to complete my project. Thanks.

Shidah
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,590 Views)
You don't have to pause anything, just simply use two while loop structures and wire stop buttons to the conditional terminals.  The top loop can be designated as systolic or diastolic and the bottom loop vice versa.  On the front panel you will have two stop buttons, one for systolic, one for diastolic.  Once you have the systolic reading you can press stop and the diastolic reading can continue its run process.

Hope this helps

Best of luck Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,576 Views)

Hey steve,

Thanks alot for replying to my question soon. I'll try out having two while loops and see if it works. If i have any problem,i'll get back to you.By the way, i'm using Labview 8.0.Once again thanks.You helped alot!!

Shidah

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,555 Views)

Hey steve,

When you said use two while loops, do you create another while loop for the diastolic part within the current one that i have or create a totally new one with same functionality except that the second while loops is for diastolic? Wont that mean i'll be having two DAQ assistant icons and other icons that i used as well? I'm not so sure about this.

Regards,

Shidah

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,538 Views)
Hi Shidah,

Please forgive my medical ignorance, but do you need to know both systolic and diastolic in order to lock in the systolic reading? 

If not, one option for you is to have two while loops in sequence.  The first loop can read in the systolic pressure until you hit the stop button, then you'll have a second loop to read the diastolic pressure that doesn't begin execution unti lthe first loop is finished.  To enforce this execution order, you can either use a two-frame sequence structure with one loop in each frame, or wire an error cluster between the two loops to force the second loop to wait for the first one's error cluster to be ready.  You can have more than one DAQ task in a VI, so long as they do not run simultaneously.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,506 Views)
Hey Matt,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I already managed to solve the problem. I'm using two case structures which are placed at the systolic and diastolic part within a single while loop. Both of the values have to run simultaneously until i get the systolic part then i have to stop it while keeping the VI running. Using the case structures within the while loop helped me to achieve that. Anyway thanks again for your suggestion.

Cheers,
Shidah
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,500 Views)