From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to paste a current curve shape to background of waveform graph

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a beginner of Labview and would like to ask about the waveform graph.

Now I am making a VI where there is a waveform graph to monitor data from a measurement equipment. Since dynamic data are connected to the waveform graph, plots appearing on the graph vary with time.

On this waveform graph, I would like to add a function as follows:

When I press a button, the plot at this timing is pasted to the background of the graph with different color so that we can clearly see the difference between the pasted plot and plots after that.

How can I do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,532 Views)

One graph indicator can handle multiple plots. Your desired function could just copy the current plot with index 0 to a second plot with index 1. The styles of the plots can be adjusted independently.

Best regards!

ʍolɟɐʇɐp ʞuıɥʇ
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,519 Views)

Hi nobuyuki,

you have several options:

- append the current plot as an additional plot to your graph data

- create an image of your plot and put this image as background image into the graph (using property nodes)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,516 Views)

Thank you for the quick reply!

I understand the idea, but I do not know how to implement it.

Could you please tell me more detail?

Actually, I have made a VI as attached, in which I take a current plot using "value" of the property node and merge it with the signal source data (when I press a button). It can paste a plot once into the graph but the plot disappear in the next while loop though I would like to keep it. I know why it disappear like this but I have no other idea how to do this.

Best regards,

nobuyuki

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,472 Views)

Every time you write to graph it gets overwritten. That means if you want to keep seeing previous data you have to include it every time you write to the graph, not just once.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,466 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nobuyuki

I'm personally not very familiar with dynamic data, but this should do the trick

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,463 Views)

Thank you so much!

I finally can implement what I wanted to do in my VI.

Best regards,

nobuyuki

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,450 Views)