LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to output a signal at a given interval

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm new to LabVIEW and real-time. I set up my PC as a real-time target machine and I'm trying to output specific signal at specific interval to test the RT performance. I used DAQmx to output signal. I wanted to output a "0" and "1" in turn but it turned out the frequency could only live up to 50Hz. I don't know how to make the period up to at least 200Hz. Hereby is a screenshot and the vi file.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,002 Views)

@chen3477 wrote:

I set up my PC as a real-time target machine...

And how did you do that?  You think using the Timed Loop does this?  Windows is not an RT OS, so you cannot say your PC and an RT machine when it is running Windows, even if you do mess around with the priorities, etc.

@chen3477 wrote:

I don't know how to make the period up to at least 200Hz.

Are you trying to react to something at a 200Hz rate?  Or do you just need to output a 200Hz signal?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,965 Views)

The vi is built under the rt target category and I selected the AO from the target. Does that the correct way to have it run on the rt machine?

Actually I wanted to output a signal at 200Hz but not use the given waveform from labview like output an "1" every 1ms.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,958 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chen3477

Well, looking at your actual code, I think you need to take some training/tutorials (look at the top of the LabVIEW board for links to various training resources).  Most importantly, you need to learn to use proper data flow and Shift Registers.  You really should avoid using the Value Property Nodes because they are SLOW and introduce race conditions (ie indeterminable and inconsistent results).

Here is a cleaned up version of your code to better illustrate.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,946 Views)

Thank you so much. I'll try. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,923 Views)