LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open/run labview by press button in microsoft excel?

Dear all,

I have another problem related to EXCEL. 

Now, i want to run my labview by press a button in excel. I'm not sure is it possible to create a press button in microsoft excel?

When i press the button in excel, it will trigger, open and run the LabVIEW software.

Is there any related forum or example i can refer?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,460 Views)

that is an excel problem .. you should search for it in *search engine*

e.g. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20917355/how-do-you-run-a-exe-with-parameters-using-vbas-shell

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,453 Views)

Hi,

I'm not sure is it possible to create a press button in microsoft excel?

yes, it's possible. you must active the developer mode on EXCEL to do that (using VBA in EXCEL).

active developer mode

@GavinT

When i press the button in excel, it will trigger, open and run the LabVIEW software.

Is there any related forum or example i can refer?

Use the command shell for it. example

Kudos are welcome!Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,436 Views)

WHY would you want to do this?  You are going to start Excel, and use Excel to start the LabVIEW Development system by pushing an Excel button?  This sounds totally weird and a potential Recipe for Disaster ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,388 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

WHY would you want to do this?  You are going to start Excel, and use Excel to start the LabVIEW Development system by pushing an Excel button?  This sounds totally weird and a potential Recipe for Disaster ...

Bob Schor

I'm curious about your reasons too , why do you want to do that?

=======
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@LV_Lab

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,381 Views)

@AldhairGarza wrote:

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Bob Schor

I'm curious about your reasons too , why do you want to do that?

Me too...

Also you do know that if you have a spreadsheet open in Excel you CAN NOT open the same spreadsheet in LabVIEW because Excel will have the file locked and you will get a sharing violation.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,365 Views)